Friday, March 14, 2008

Perfect hair.



So something stupid has been bothering me a lot lately. Hair. I've recently realized that hair is a pointless accessory to the body. Don't get me wrong I would never want to shave my head or anything, but I find that some people make such a big deal about some change. That has just been so weird to me because to me it's just hair. I mean, it's gonna grow back, it'll go back to it's natural color... it's gonna be fine if you have a bad haircut that you don't like. Hair is not proclaiming your status of life, it's not telling the world what kind of person you are, it's simply sitting on your head because for some strange reason we were made with it there. (Which if you think about it, is kind of strange.) I guess I used to be the same way, I used to want my hair to look perfect and I wanted to look perfect but it doesn't really bother me anymore. I mean seriously, personal hygiene is of course vital, but stressing because your hairs a different color or length? I've suddenly come to the awesome realization that hair doesn't make the person. That looks really don't matter THAT much. Because if someone is going to love you, they're going to love you for the person you are. Not for what color your hair is. As i said before, personal hygiene is vital and so is making yourself look decent, but don't stress if your not perfect. I mean come on. In high school that's all I worried about, was looking perfect. But that's just it, we aren't in high school anymore. It's just hair! I don't care if it's board straight, curly, short, long, brown, pink, or blue- i'm still going to love the people who are important to me and I expect the same from them. Hair has become yet one more accessory to the fake facade that so many people put on so the world doesn't see them. The real them. Well what's wrong with them that they want to hide? Show the world that your proud of who you are and your not afraid to be you. It's about time someone does.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I like the way you think! Great blog...I'm so excited to be invited! btw, you have adorable hair! ;) love you