Tuesday, October 7, 2008

WARNING: VERY LONG AND IT'S A "YA HAD TO BE THERE" KIND OF NIGHT FOR IT TO BE REALLY FUNNY.
Okay, so funny stories. It all started when I had to rent this old movie called Awakenings. It has Robin Williams and Robert De Niro in it and the movie itself isn't too bad. But me and my new found friend Robbie needed to watch it for our psych class. So tonight Robbie was going to come over and watch it with me. All of my roommates had gone out to do other things so I was just chillin at home waiting for Robbie to get here. Anyway, someone knocks and expecting Robbie, I go answer and it's not Robbie. It's this new kid from upstairs. He's a pretty nice guy except it's kind of funny because in the past i don't know like three days he has managed to get all three of my roommates phone numbers! And, he sounds like he's from Nephi. I mean, he's a real good "was-er" and he goes "huntin" and he drinks eight "dews" a day. Anyway, you get the point. So I answer the door and he's just like "hey" I'm like.. "hi" so it was kind of awkward but somehow he ended up staying. So a few minutes later Robbie gets here and we start the movie. Brandon is sitting on the love seat and me and Rob are sitting on opposite ends of the couch when Rob says, "Listen Lady, the lights bothering me, go turn it off." After hitting him and doing as I'm told I threaten him with a smack down if he trys to put a move on me lol. Following that comment, Brandon somehow ended up sitting right between me and Robbie.. just because he thought it'd be funny? Um. Okay. Anyway, Following that comes in my roommate and this guy named Dusty and they sit down to watch the movie too now taking up the love seat. Thank you Heidi.. leave me stuck here with Brandon. I had no where to escape. Oh well I thought. I'll just fold my arms and legs and curl up in a little ball. And then comes Robbie's roommate and friend, Ryan and Chad. So there is now seven of us crammed into out little living room watching this movie, which originally started with the plan of just me and Robbie doing our homework. Anyway, continuing on with the crazy night. So at this point, Brandon had gone back upstairs to his apartment two times to get a Mt. Dew. Wow. But, I'm still stuck there with him sitting next to me. After his return from his second Dew run, he sits down and leans over to me and whispers, "so are ya havin' fun?" And i was like "yeah!" because I really was. I mean, we had a lot of people over so it was pretty fun and everyone was talking cracking jokes. So I mean, it wasn't too weird he asked me that.. but the next thing he asked... "So.. are ya single?" I was like.. "uh... ya?" And he got this big dumb grin on his face and was like "Cool." I was just said... "yeah it's for sure the best way to be!" It was probably the most awkward moment of my entire life. Like, and his whispers.. aren't very quiet. It was so weird! The very funniest part though is that he left again for another Mt. Dew and by this time Two more friends of rob's show up that I don't know and One guy ends up on the couch and I moved to a chair by myself all in the time that he's gone! So that made it better. Anyway, Somehow Brandon and this other kid end up talking about Hunting or something and He ends up bringing down this huge homemade antler lamp that he keeps in his apartment.. So that's the picture. You can't see him in the picture but.. yeah anyway. Pretty nuts. Oh wait, I forgot the best part... at the end of the night we were all exchanging numbers with everyone else and he asked for mine.. and then he said... "wait what's your name?" WHAT! HAHAHA! I LAUGHED SO HARD! lol, okay, hit on me and THEN get my name. Good job dude! wow. Oh, and also, after everyone left I went and looked in the mirror and realized how awful I really looked! Me and Heidi had gone running before this and I didn't think anything of how i looked cuz it was just supposed to be Robbie. Awe man, what a night!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow, that sounds like quite a night! Glad you're having fun. So... who ARE we seeing in the picture?

Amy said...

You are a fabulous writer. And it sounds like you're having fun in Logan finally! I'm so happy! Now we can all move there and live happily ever after!

The Dyreng's said...

Jenny, This is me Meagan Dyreng ( Peterson) by the way. that is the funniest thing that I have ever heard. I can just see this guys coming down with his antler lamp. I am at work right now and I am literally laughing out loud... people are staring. Oh I love you and miss you.. Good old Logan :)